For native tribes there was no boundary separating what is now White Acres from the rest of the hogbacks area. On White Acres there are remnants of the ridge crest stone wall which is prominent to the north in Red Rock Canyon Open Space. (see: Utes along the Hogbacks.) There are at least two likely campsites near White Acres. And, the area probably saw considerable use before it was first visited by people of European origin.
John Langmeyer homesteaded a tract of land which included what is now White Acres and secured title to the property in 1875. John and Fredricka Langmeyer were partners of Colorado City founder Anthony Bott in Bott & Langmeyer Building Stone which quarried the White Acres area extensively in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Historical accounts strongly suggest that stone for General Palmer’s Glen Eyrie castle came from White Acres (despite what Marshall Sprague wrote in Newport in the Rockies). Today the quarry sites are seen as the light colored rock faces on the Dakota hogback. Most of the wagon roads which served the quarries can still be seen.